Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Back to Tommy's House

Being able to come back to Alabama was such a blessing. I had such a great time when the college group came down, so I decided to intern for the summer.  If you read the newsletter for the church you probably read my article about Tommy.  I knew I would probably get the chance to see him while I was down here, but I didn’t know it would be so soon.  Trey put me in the group that would be working at Tommy’s.  I was so excited to see him again!

As soon as I saw him I got the biggest smile on my face.  It seemed like it had been years since I had seen him.  His house had been worked on prior to the high school group arriving, and it looked 10 times better.  He was so happy to see that there was going to be even more work done to it.  Once again, he was so happy and positive about everything.  That makes working so much easier.  We’ve already accomplished so much on his house!  I can’t wait to see the final product.  Staying here until August will allow me to do that.  Although, if it looks like it’ll take longer I might be staying in Alabama a little longer.  I’ve decided that I’m going to stay here until his house is completely done. That’s my mission!

The high schoolers are working so hard! I’m very proud of them, and I know the chaperones are too!

Elizabeth Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment